Staff Leader: Bill Johnson
Lay Leader: Donna Thomas
Our Core Ministries:
- Visitation, Encouragement (via cards and phone calls), and Communion for those who are hospitalized, home-bound, or in nursing homes.
- Bereavement Support
- Meals for those who are ill or grieving
- Healing, Intercessory, & Petitionary Prayer
- Pastoral Care Training for the Congregation
Mission: Park Street Brethren Church Care Ministries seek to mobilize lay leadership to provide care for the church body and community at large.
Vision – We envision teams of regular attenders/members of Park Street who work with the staff to provide the best possible pastoral care. Care at Park Street will be the result of implementing spiritual gifts, guided by the every person serving philosophy, with a focus upon an attitude of loving inclusion while providing opportunities for caregiver training.
Core Values – Care Ministries value excellence in coordination and implementation of the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of all our members.
1. Gifts-Based – Everyone has been given gifts to serve and strengthen the body. Care needs to be a mobilization of efforts that utilizes different people’s gifts to better care for the body.
2. Every Person Serving – Care is not solely a staff issue. Healthy churches take care of one another. Care is a ministry that all people of Park Street Brethren Church embrace as their role. Care must be mobilized people groups including Adult Bible Fellowships, small groups, the Spiritual Health Team, the church staff, and the Leadership Board.
3. Lovingly Inclusive – Care is reaching out to the lonely, physically sick, and emotionally wounded among us and lovingly showing them that they are valued and important to the body.
4. Ministry training—Care ministry requires intentional training of staff and lay caregivers.